Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Some Favorite FFs in Progress....


I just posted Chapter 44: Repercussions of Evening Star; you may check it out on my Facebook page or on either Wattpad or FanFiction.net--see links to all three pages in the sidebar. Chapter 44 is about 2700 words, so about average or a little above in length. I actually got to 3200 words, but as I was editing, I found a great place to stop, so I have a page and a half of Chapter 45 already roughed out.


I had hoped to complete Evening Star before school started, but with school starting on Monday, it isn't going to happen. At least I'm down to the last five chapters or so.


I still need to start writing the first chapter of Pinned but Fluttering. It's kind of a weird title, but what I thought of was those old insect display cases when the collector takes a butterfly, puts a drop of something on its head to kill it, then carefully threads a pin through it to pin it in the display. But sometimes the butterfly isn't quite dead yet, so it keeps fluttering its wings as it slowly dies.


That's how we find Bella as the story begins. She's pinned, but she's still fluttering, still trying to get loose despite the fact that she should be dead from all that's happened to her. But she's strong and beautiful and worthy of love--although she doesn't realize any of those things about herself...yet.


Anyway, I started this post to tell you about some absolutely stellar fics I'm reading. I have a list of my favorite completed fics in the sidebar. There are also a few really wonderful ones that remain unfinished and probably never will be completed--those make me sad, although I completely understand that life often interrupts us writers and sidetracks us.


But the fan fics I'm recommending today are all active; new chapters are being updated on a fairly regular basis. With only one exception, they're all available on fanfiction.net; all the ff.net stories are rated M.


My Guardian Destroyer by Natalia Mazaur (4 chapters; last updated 7/26/11). Edward is an angel who seems to rescue Bella at the most opportune times. Natalia is my favorite reviewer on ff.net--I keep every review she's ever written me!


Our Yellow House by CaraNo (31 chapters; last updated 8/16/11). A pregnant Bella is kidnapped and missing for over three years, and Edward and Charlie are frantic. Events unfold that bring first Edward's son, and then Bella herself, back to him, but they have a long journey of restoration and healing ahead of them, but, as always, love conquers all. A sweet and poignant story that seems to be nearing its end.


In Your World by solostintwilight (24 chapters; last updated 8/20/11). Running away from an abusive Jacob, Bella finds refuge with an Amish family, the Cullens, and quickly falls in love with the orphaned young man on the next farm, Edward Masen. But Jake is unwilling to let Bella go so easily, despite the fact that she finds grace, solace, and love in the Amish ways, enough so that she commits to joining their world. My favorite fan fic EVER!!! So sweet, beautiful, and poignant!!


Hysteria by Emochan (9 chapters (about 10 planned total); last updated 8/21/11). A short fic, planned to be about ten chapters, Bella is bullied mercilessly at Forks High by Jessica, Lauren, and Mike, and everyone in the school join in until one prank goes too far, and the Cullens step in to help and befriend Bella. An improvement over Starlight Vows, and the author updates very frequently!!


Beyond Dusk by Sunray16 (13 chapters; last updated 8/24/11). After this author wrote amazing EPOV versions of New Moon and Eclipse, I've been looking forward to an EPOV of Breaking Dawn, and she has not disappointed in the least. She keeps well within canon while adding enough new material to keep it very interesting. A perfect balance of Meyer's original and new insights into Edward's character.


Changing the Future by ExtractsofLife (53 chapters; last updated 8/15/11). On Wattpad this time. Bella, just moved to Forks, and Edward, unaware of her presence, each receive a boxed set of the Twilight Saga. They seek each other out, determined to change the tragedy of Meyer's story while still allowing themselves to fall in love. As a pre-emptive move, they befriend the Quileutes before they become wolves (only Sam and Paul have transformed) so that there will be no reason for enmity between the Cullens and Quileutes. But can Edward, Bella, the Cullens, and the Quileutes keep ALL the tragedy of the Twilight Saga from occuring? Not as polished as the above stories, but with a sense of humor and good sense of pacing with lots of action.




So do check these fics out and enjoy them!!! I keep a constant eye on my inbox, waiting for the next chapter of these wonderful fics!! And let me know what you think of Chapter 44 of Evening Star!!




--Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk!! Comments add sparkle to my day!!