Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wow...A Milestone


Wow. I'm rather flabbergasted.


My works--two stories (and two little poems)--just passed 1000 votes on Wattpad. That's quite an accomplishment!


I started posting on Wattpad six weeks before I discovered fanfiction.net. A certain story drew me into the Wattpad world, and I decided to try my hand at writing fan fiction, too.


There are many stories on Wattpad, in fan fiction and other categories, that have garnered amazing popularity, as in over a million reads. So my "success" there has been promising but not out-of-this-world.


But with Evening Star being more of a character study than a page-turner (more like Pinned but Fluttering will be), I'm quite pleased with the support it has received on Wattpad.


But the same can't be said for fanfiction.net. Perhaps I don't know the proper way to garner support there--do I need a thread on Twilighted? How does one go about doing that? I've received just over 100 reviews for Evening Star there. That's nothing. I have a few fans who stick with me through thick and thin, but perhaps my story just isn't that good when compared to the higher-quality fics posted on fanfiction.net vs. Wattpad.


Sigh.


But I posted this to celebrate the 1000 vote mark on Wattpad, and celebrate I shall! I've written a rough draft of Chapter 2 of Pinned but Fluttering that I hope to expand into a full chapter--it's about half of its necessary length right now. And I have plans for a really scary/thrilling chapter coming up soon.


The details of Pinned by Fluttering are falling into place beautifully, and I think it's going to be a really good story--something I'm not really that good at coming up with. Plotting is my weak point, which is why I've stuck to nonfiction until this point.


And Evening Star is drawing to a close, although I seriously doubt I'll be able to stick with my original plan of 50 chapters; it's going to take a few more than that. (I can hear the cheers over on Wattpad right now, LOL!)

BTW, I just finished reading a fan fic that I had to add to my Completed Fave Fan Fics list in the sidebar--it just blew me away in its complexity, psychological insight, angst (gotta love the angst!), theme of forgiveness despite horrendous injury, and the message that love may not "conquer" all, but it may slowly help to heal deep, deep wounds. It's extremely well-written, insightful, provocative, and deep. I found myself up past 4 AM reading it--and I didn't get much done this week because I was so bleary-eyed and muddle-headed from staying up so late reading it. 

IOW, if you haven't already, go read Alleeab4u's Falling Beyond Redemption. (Just click on the title and you'll love it!)


Sooooo, here's to celebrating milestones and to keepin' on writing, no matter the response!


Cheers!

--Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk!! Comments add sparkle to my day!!