Saturday, September 17, 2011

Finally, a New Chapter for Pinned but Fluttering


Okay, I just uploaded Chapter Two of Pinned but Fluttering on both Wattpad and FanFiction.net. See sidebar for links to both sites.


The chapters for this fic are starting off short--around 2000 words. We'll see if they lengthen. I'm trying something completely new by going off-canon and very OOC regarding the Blacks. My first fic, Evening Star, with which I am nearly finished, attempts to remain true to canon, thus somewhat limiting creativity.


And as a nonfiction writer, creativity, especially in plotting, just isn't my "thing."


But I'm trying.


I did get a really wonderful idea the other day, though. I thought that I may keep writing Pinned but Fluttering as my NaNoWriMo novel. If I write 2K words/day, which is just about what one needs to get to 50K words in one month, then I should end up with 30 chapters for the story. I'll be joining at least two former students plus at least one new student at NaNoWriMo this November, so it should be a challenge.


I am teaching an online class during November, but I hope it won't require too much of my time, so I hope to be able to make a go at NaNoWriMo. Last year I took on a poetry-writing challenge instead, and I probably would have spent less time writing fiction.


Now if I'll ever find time to actually revise a NaNoWriMo novel....


Yeah....


Anyway, I'm reading a terrific fic right now called Distractions by windchymes. It's set during New Moon with an alternate storyline in which Bella realizes that Edward lied, that he still loves her. Very intriguing--I'm quite enjoying it.


Well, I hope to write Chapter 47 of Evening Star this weekend; we'll see. I have a couple of pages of it done, so it's a definite possibility. ;)


Have a wonderful weekend, all!


--Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk!! Comments add sparkle to my day!!