Wednesday, November 30, 2011

NaNoWriMo Update


Well, here it is. November 30th. In previous NaNoWriMo years, I've been done by now. A couple of days ago, really. Finished. Waving my "winner" banner in everyone's faces. Savouring the triumph and all that jazz.


Yep. Here it is. November 30th. And I'm at 38,224 words. That's 11,700+ (not doing math right now--sorry!) words shy of "winning" by writing 50,000 words by midnight on November 30th...yeah, in a mere 21 hours.


So, the question is: Is it possible to write 11,700 words in 21 hours, get a few hours of sleep, homeschool three boybarians, and complete the remainder of my extensive "To Do" list, all by midnight tomorrow night?


Sigh.


Why am I lagging, you ask?


Let me count the ways...




1. I was sick with a nasty cold and sinus infection for a complete week...


2. We did a lot of entertaining at the beginning of the month, which included a lot of cleaning of a very dirty house...


3. My Brave Writer class (Literary Analysis: Anne of Green Gables) has sucked a great deal more time from my writing than I had planned. It's a hoot to teach, but it gives me little time left over for writing...


4. Almost everything that I have written has also been edited at least once and posted online, so in a way, I've done double the work...


5. I've had a huge upswing in my own essay grading business, so that's taken a good deal of time, too...not that I'm complaining...


6. My chiropractor was out of town for two weeks, thus my neck and upper back are in constant pain, making typing difficult....


So, yeah. I'm not done. Nowhere near. Either I can take all day tomorrow (well, today really since I'm writing this at 3 AM. Don't ask) and type my little heart out (and drive both my chiropractor and my family up the wall), or I can resign myself to abject failure.

Plus, I wouldn't get one of those cool winner's button thingies. I've gotta add 2011 to the collection, right???

So, type my little heart out or abject failure? (And no cool button, either.)

Which one would YOU choose?


Okay, okay already--I'm getting offline to go write more of my novel. Sheesh. Who knew you were so pushy?


Blogging when I should be NaNoWriMo-ing,


--Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk!! Comments add sparkle to my day!!